I am quitting Eufy for good. The Customer service manager has been absolutely horrible

I bought Eufy products back in 2020 when I got my first house. I bought them specifically because of the privacy-oriented nature of the devices. They honestly served me well and were great. However a couple of months ago. They just stopped working. I got no notifications, no events in the app, nothing. I have 5 Eufy 2C Pro cameras, 5 entry sensors, the 2K doorbell, the security lock, and 2 2K Indoor pan & tilt cameras. Everything but the pan & tilt cameras has failed.
This means the issue most likely is with the Homebase. I wrote into support and they said since it’s been over a year since I bought the device they are not covered. They told me to buy a new home base. I bought a new one and it’s still not working. They asked me to upload app logs and I told them I did. They emailed me saying they would send my problem to an engineer and I would hear back within two days.
Within two days they email me asking me to upload app logs. Again, I did. Again they said they would email me within 2 days.
A week goes by. Nothing. I email them and they said they would have a solution within 2 days.
A week goes by. Nothing. I email them again and you can guess what they said.
A week goes by. Nothing. They just keep ghosting me. Now it’s barely over 30 days since I have had the new Homebase and they are ghosting me on giving me a refund since the new home base that I bought just because they told me to doesn’t work. I would have returned it but they kept telling me they would have a solution for me and then just ghosting me.
I was extremely respectful and never rude to my agent. However neither my agent nor Shane the CSM, ever did a thing to actually try to help. Then on top of that, they are trying to stick me with this new useless Homebase.

Thankfully, I used my AMEX so I have issued chargebacks and extended warranty chargebacks on my entire security system. So now I have gotten all my money back on all the stuff I have bought, and Eufy lost out on a bunch of past and future revenue because their CSM refused to do their job and then tried to jip me.

I now have the Reolink devices which are great cause they work much better with my NAS server and have Zoom, Pan & Tilt, and more on their outside cameras. They have better images and cost the same as my eufy cameras too.

2 Likes

Thank you!
Im going to look into reolink…

1 Like

Good to hear you found a happy ending for your unforntuate situation. I mostly happy with my eufy products up to this point (some very minor issues, nothing as severe as what you’ve described) but going forward I want to have some hope that I won’t end up in a similar situation. The fact that Eufy customer service just sits there silent on this message after having ghosted you mutiple times, maybe I’m hoping for too much :frowning: I think I’ll browse that reolink brand you’re talking about so I can become familiar with my Plan B. Thanks for telling your story.