How to show historic footage from Homebase (2c Pro Cameras) on TV

Hello,

I’ve recently purchased the 2c Pro cameras and the 2k doorbell, obviously I can watch the recorded footage via the homebase on my mobile using the Eufy Security app, but how would you recommend doing this on the TV?

The set-up is being done for my elderly father, he doesn’t really use a mobile, so hoping to put in a fairly easy solution for him, perhaps buying a firestick or something alternative, but getting a few mixed reports online to what is supported and on what device, so before I buy anything, can you suggest the best way to achieve this, please?

Many thanks for any help you can offer,
Dayna

I have a Google nest home and with a ‘show on my tv’ setting I am able to ask Google to, ‘show me the backyard cam’ and it plays on my 'newer ‘21’ Phillips Smart TV. So that’s quiet a few smart devices you would need to make this possible, but it is possible. When you say historic footage if your meaning previously recorded events i don’t think so. I believe it’s only the live footage that you can access on a tv. Hope this helps.

Hi Dayna,

The only way I think this would be possible is by saving the files on your phone and then transfering those clips to a USB stick via an OTG (on the go) adapter or using a PC/laptop to transfer the files over.

Now if the TV will take a USB stick and accept the file type/format of the videos you have saved to the stick you will now be able to view them on the TV.

I hope this helps you.

Bhups.

If you have an old computer laying around, you can install the Bluestacks Android emulator program and then run the Eufy Android app on Bluestacks. I have that hooked up to my 65 inch TV for viewing and its worked fine for almost 2 years. You can have all the functionality that the app gives you. (notification, live view, historical video clips, etc) Bluestacks puts an icon on the windows desktop for any Android apps you want to run. Click on the icon and Bluestacks loads the Eufy app and you are set. There are probably other solutions, but this one is pretty easy to set up. I use an older version of Bluestacks on Windows 8 and its actually easier to set up than the newer versions.