How to Fix Weak Wi-Fi for Video Doorbell (Battery)

I have the samz problem since 2 or 3weeks with my doorbell

2 Likes

I have an issue with different cameras from eufy. I liked eufy cameras until they start to be unstable. I contacted them several times but unfortunately, it seems they don’t want to accept the issue with their product.
I have more than 20 cameras, indoors, outdoor and bell.
They are at different addresses and all with high-speed WiFi connections.
It happens that all the cameras stop working (not playing live or saved video) at the same time and if they start working, all at the same time.
I test the WiFi speed of the locations and my mobile, all very high and I test it with different mobiles android and iPhone.
All shows that the problem is related to the eufy system.
PLEASE SOLVE THE ISSUE. MY SECURITY IS AT RISK.

5 Likes

Yeah something is not right. I had 2 cameras and a doorbell and all were working flawlessly for a month. Now both my cameras disconnect within 15min of rebooting yet the doorbell is still going strong. I hadn’t changed any settings but now I’m trying everything with no luck.

1 Like

I suspect Eufy is weak signal because it is using old 2.4Ghz Wifi tech and not 5Ghz wifi which is better for passing through brick and block walls. Eufy need to fix this. Using a Wifi repeater and plugging it in near you Eufy is your only solution right now.

1 Like

Eufy definitely needs to fix the Wi-Fi connection issues that we are experiencing and not put it on us to figure out a workaround. Connections were working fine about 2 months ago and the posts here confirm it.

I have to correct you on that…

The primary difference between 2.4 and 5GHz bands is the range (coverage) and the bandwidth (speed) that these bands provide. For instance, the 2.4GHz band offers coverage at a longer range and can penetrate bricks and walls better; however, it transmits data at slower speeds. Instead, the 5GHz band gives less coverage but sends data at faster speeds .

Ideally, the 2.4GHz band should be used to connect devices for low bandwidth activities like browsing the Internet. On the other hand, 5GHz is the best option for high-bandwidth devices or activities like gaming and streaming HDTV. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

For the last week or so connections with the doorbell is intermittently just dropped for no reason. I’ve had no issues for almost a year, but this has gotten out of hand. I’ve missed a couple of doorbells already when I wasn’t at home and this is just pathetic at this point. Either it’s the warmth or its just bad WiFi firmwares on the eufy devices. All my other devices have had not issues connecting (printers, tablets, laptops, phones, Sonos devices, Google devices, TVs. Name it. This is the only device that constantly drops Putin the last few weeks. Any thought or solutions for this item?

I’ve been having the same issue and have reported it twice. It seemed to start happening after the last update. I’d say it’s nothing to do with weak Wi-Fi. My doorbell is actually on our gate but I have outside access points and other non-Eufy cameras further away. It is only the doorbell that has suddenly started going offline. A reboot of the Homebase, which is a wired connection, consistently gets it back online.
This has been rock solid for over a year but now it’s useless.

Eufy is really lacking here. Shitty connection and no response. The response “buy a wifi repeater” is the worst solution I have ever heard.

Same as: Ill buy something from Eufy and when I have to pay, ill say: “Eufy get a bank loan”.

Ridiculous.

I see there was a Homebase firmware upgrade yesterday. Notice anything Duffy?

1 Like

Exactly same problem. Restart the camera in the floodlight, through the app the livefeed works again. After a while, will lose connection again requiring a restart. And the wifi connection is very strong. Meanwhile for an indoor camera from Eufy further away from the modem, the livefeed works everytime without problem

Same problem here with battery doorbell. We have to bring it in to right next to the router to reconnect. Useless as security if we are not home.
The camera that is twice as far away is fine so it is not our internet connection but the bell that is at fault.

How ridiculous to restrict the wifi range on your product and then tell us to mover our infrastructure when everything else works fine.
Just returned for a refund.

Here also problems with signal to mobile phone. Base is almost directly next to doorbel and modem. So basically the distance should not be a problem. (Only wooden floor and the frontside is in between) How can I achieve a more trustworthy system, so we can answer visitors accordingly? And not to have left even before getting an answer when ringing my doorbell!

Other hardware is not giving any problem or relay in the netwerk.

Looking forward…

Pascal

The only way I’ve been able to fix the random drop out issue for myself was before bed I turn the router off for a minute and then turn it back on. It seems like the only way for me to not loose connection randomly. I have two eufy floodlight cam 2 pro’s and only one randomly drops out usually every second or third day. The other one works flawlessly. But since doing the on off trick I haven’t lost connection for six months. It’s definitely a eufy problem.

I fully agree, also fo the reason, as in my case, you have more tan a home base and a doorbell. If you move closer to one device, distance from another increases. I also expected when uaing multiple devices the range would increase while each decide functions as range extender. But I don’t really see this in practice to be the case. So eufy, back to the drawing board please.

Ian so disappointed with my doorbell chime.
It is getting offline now everyday.
The unit is 1,5 years old.
The only answer from service was:
Then the unit is broken. Buy a new one.
We can offer you 20% discount.

But why should I buy the same thing again?
I will not do.

Kind regards

The wired video doorbell is no further than 10 meters/yards from and is located between the high speed router and WiFi extender. I live in the east coast of the U.S. EST and obviously notable, the repeat failures are most constant during daytime hours on the eufy security app. It is unequivocally clear that the WiFi, my phone and the app which has been re-downloaded multiple times, and updated firmware that literally took weeks to be successful (my ecufy floodlight 2k cam still fails every attempt to over months to update firmware) is not the problem as other devices that utilize the same WiFi and phone work consistently and properly. I have spent far too much time and effort with emails with eufy to rectify issues which in every case I already performed every “help support” suggestion prior. The only constant factor is sadly the wired eufy doorbell cam is highly unreliable.

I have had problems with my latest purchased cameras. I asked for help and all I get is instructions on how to let Eufy in the backdoor of my storage and have0 access to all my info. Something doesn’t seem right. The first ones I bought work fine but the last 2 I bought seperately only work part of the time. Very disappointing and alarming at the same time.

Camera has different color

door bell camera changed to pink

1 Like