How to access local storage?

I have recently set up a eufyCam 2C system with the homebase using local storage. The system is working via the app, however I cannot find any information on how to access the videos in local storage. To be clear, I would like to be able to view or download videos from the storage on locally connected computers (Windows or OSX).
The homebase does not appear accessible on the network and I can’t find any options for setting this up. I have also tried the web app but this is also unable to access the videos. I cannot even remove the SD card to load videos elsewhere as it is built in.
I have not tried connecting to the USB yet, is this the only way to access locally stored videos?

5 Likes

You mean via the mobile app? Can’t that only download to the mobile device? Can you bulk download videos so they can be transferred? Why can’t you just access the local storage locally? Doesn’t that defy the point of it?
Surely users want to view videos on desktop so they can actually see them in detail. Where is this functionality?

3 Likes

Have you received an answer to this? I am trying to figure this out as well.
Thanks

1 Like

I as well

1 Like

Did anyone get a response yet on this topic?

1 Like

Same here. Anybody find out anything?

1 Like

I have also chased for a response on this in other threads but have heard nothing back :frowning:

1 Like

Hi, I am new user to this cam system …. But failing to get a response :
you should be to eject the microSD card from the homebase, and insert it into a microSD card adaptor and plug that into ur PC. Maybe not quite the way you envisioned, but hopefully can help you achieve your objective :+1:

Craig

1 Like

RemoVe the sticker with the red line across it, then Use a small pin to push down the micro SD card it will rebound out 2-3mm …… I just tried it so am confident this works👍

Craig

You cannot view the video files on the SD card directly. They are encrypted and formatted with Ext4. The only way to view the video clips is through the app. The app provides the key to decrypt the video and allows you to view or download clips to your device. It’s kind of a kludge to allow viewing cams and events remotely, but still maintain security if someone steals your device.

You can do live view of your cams through the Eufy web portal, but you cannot access event clips unless you have a cloud subscription.

I do not have cloud sub but can view events recorded on internal chip. (Procam 20)

If anyone is still searching for an option…

For OSX desktop download the app from the AppStore

For remote web portal log into
https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/login?type=/camera

I would like to know as well. I love the dual cam doorbell and recommended it to my father who still uses an old flip phone so the app is not an option. The Homebase hub would be on his local network so for him it would be required for him to access events via PC direct from the Homebase local storage.

Even when I looked at signing up for cloud storage service it states that the doorbell events cannot be viewed because the local storage encryption.

I love my devices other than that because it should be very simple to access the files but this sucks!!!

1 Like

I can’t figure it out. I can easily view events but I can not find a way view the stored video on my 2TB hard drive. I can’t get a straight answer from Eufy. Any help appreciated.

How can there not be a single answer for this?
All I want to know is: what steps do I take if I want to download or view a recorded video that is stored on the local microSD card.
That is all. I read about an app: I only know of the mobile app and I can’t find any option.
The weblogin says: nothing stored in the cloud, which is logical because I have a 128gb SD card in the device as storage.
Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

Not sure if this is exactly what you’re asking for?

Open the Eufy app then tap on the Event button, bottom lower left.
Once opened it will display recorded videos then just tap on one to view it.
If you want to view recorded videos from other days tap on the top where you see a date and it will open a calendar.
If you wish to download a video and save it onto your phones photo gallery, then just tap on the download button which you’ll see on the lower left while playing the video.

It took me a day but I found what I needed.
In the app I had to go to the live view of the camera that is set to record “continuously” and then I had to press the playback button to be able to scroll through the past recordings made on the SD-card with the ability to select timeframes and download those clips locally first on my phone and then towards whereever I need them (pc).
It’s confusing because this thing is listed nowhere really on the faq.

Today, access to SD card is not feasible. Whole eufy app froze.

Eufy said my device 2.3ghz 8 core device is not fast enough.

I’m running Android 10 and my ghz is slightly lower and I have no issues.

I think they’re feeding you :ox: crap.

1 Like