How do you watch your archived videos (on removable drive USB) from the S380 HomeBase?

What player will play the archives created on a removable drive on a Mac? The S380 HomeBase will archive them but none of the players I have will play them. Should be simple to play an mp4. The closest I have come to playing the files is to use Chrome browser. It will play the audio but not the video. Would love to hear a solution.

I have been able to open the archive files made by the S380 HomeBase to a thumb drive with a newer version of VLC Player (3.0.18) than I had on my computer. Then I was able to use HandBrake to convert it so I can watch it with Quicktime Player. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to watch your archives. At least I can open them now.

The reason I got off into this is one of my videos with a trespasser would not download the full clip to my phone. It would only do 6 seconds of a 13 second clip and the six it would give me was the part the person didn’t show up in. So I was trying to figure out a way to get the whole clip by archiving it and then using that file that contained the full 13 seconds. I have now got the full version but it should have been easier than it was.