Homekit not picking up my eufyCam2

I had my eufyCam2 added to HomeKit briefly a few weeks ago when experimenting with it, but wound up disabling it for the time being. I’m now trying to re-add it and it just. won’t. work. HomeKit doesn’t see my Homebase. If I go through the motions to enable HomeKit for my eufyCam2 via the eufy app (Settings » My Devices » eufy HomeBase » HomeKit Setup » HomeKit Authentication), I get a message that I successfully enabled the camera for HomeKit, but it fails to show up. Going back through the motions of enabling it shows the camera doesn’t appear to be enabled despite doing so previously (no check mark there). I’ve removed the camera from my devices and re-added it, all to no avail. So… what to do?

are all your devices on the same WiFi network (base, iPhone and Homekit base hub) ?

Yes they are. I did switch the HomeBase a couple weeks ago to my guest network as I was working to isolate what I could from my interconnected network, but did switch it back after a couple days when I realized that would render it unusable with HomeKit. I just double checked again and the Eufy app confirms HomeBase is on the correct network, as does my router app. Ditto for my ATV serving as the hub.

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please let us know your eufy account? And the also serial number for the Homebase, so we can check the firmware version for you.

Any other concerns we can address in the future, please feel free to contact us support@eufylife.com.

Thank you for your support. Have a lovely day.