Home Base 2 can't connect to Xfinity Gateway

I got the Xfinity gateway from Comcast. Homebase 2 cannot connect to the router/modem combo. The home base 2 can’t see the network name even though it is set to display. Nor will it connect when manually put in. I have the 2.4 and 5 as separate wifi networks.

Every device I have can see both network names and connect no problem but for some reason the home base 2 will not. I did not have this problem with my Netgear router and separate modem.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks for any help.

It doesn’t see any Wi-Fi networks at all?
When you are attempting to connect to your Wi-Fi network, do you still have the Xfinity gateway and HomeBase2 connected via the Ethernet cable?

It can see any wifi available which is a lot around my house. It can connect to my old router no problem. I have 3 home bases and none can connect to the Xfinity Gateway. I have tried with and without it connected to ethernet. I’ve tried to reset it but it doesn’t help.

Go into the settings for the Xfinity gateway and turn off the 5G.
Then see if the HomeBase can see the 2.4 G.

Ill try that thanks. Just got the floodlights and they connect great and can see my network names on the Xfinity gateway.

We just bought a new house and I also just got Xfinity service and having the same issues. I’ve only ever connected it via ethernet At first I thought the Homebase 2 I’ve been using went bad. Luckily I had an extra Homebase 2 so I swapped to that. I was able to get it added into the app but it quickly went offline. Once it went back online, I connected it via wifi (note… I went into router admin settings and shut off 5G). The homebase remained online but after about a half hour went offline again. The issue has been driving me crazy. For giggles, I was able to get the original Homebase 2 connected and added into the Eufy app via ethernet. I now watch both homebase status lights go from blue to red all day long. At this point, this weekend I plan on digging out my old router and connecting it to the xFi router via bridge mode and see if that fixes all the issues as no issues existed with my previous setup in my old house. With my old house, i had a different ISP (Spectrum) so hoping any issues are not being caused by Xfinity or the xFi router as I will be using it as modem still. Worse case scenario will be to ditch the xFi modem/router completely and use my own modem.

I went with the Xfinity gateway because for 25 a month I get the router/modem combo, 1 gig speed and unlimited data. I have some ring cameras and they can use a ton of data uploading the videos to the cloud. I needed a new modem anyway as mine was old. My router needed upgrading and I wanted the 6E router. The gateway for me was a better deal and cheaper for now than buying the best modem and router plus if it has a problem or goes out then they take care of it instead of me. Also it takes up less space and looks better.

I went with the Homebase 3 and set it by the gateway connected by ethernet since it doesn’t have wifi. I just connected my cam 2 cameras to it and only have occasional problems with them.

This was better for me and I don’t want to shut off the 5 as that to me make it a half router.

Good luck with yours.

Followup from my post on 10/13… I pulled out my old wifi router and connected it to the Xfinity XFi modem in bridge mode. PROBLEM SOLVED!! The issue seems to be with the Xfinity modem/router. Not sure why but there is definitely an issue using the Xfinity as a router. The Eufy Homebase 2 via a separate router is connected and never goes offline.

Thanks for the update :+1:
Have questions, how is your old router connected to Xfinity router: Wireless or ethernet cable?
Is the HB2 connected wireless or cable to the old router?
Thanks.

My router i believe is from 2015. Its not a wifi6 router but is a dual band 802.11ac router. Its connected to the gateway via ethernet cable. The HB2 is connected via ethernet as well. However im pretty confident if i can connect it via wifi if i wanted / needed to.