Floodlight turning on randomly no motion

I’ve installed the floodlight and the light keeps turning on randomly. I have no issues using the light manually however it turns on even without any recording or detection. I’ve messed with the settings and set zones, low sensitivity etc… with no luck.

1 Like

is it installed next to anything giving off heat, like a combi boiler vent or anything else maybe?

It’s on the same wall with a vent, however not next to each other. The light setting is on motion, so if there’s no motion recording shouldn’t it remain off?

Heat can still mess with the sensor, also changes in light can too. Is there any lights turning on and off near by? sometimes the sensor sees these changes in light and shadow and mistake for movement, sometimes they don’t like the sun for instance shinging through the foliage of trees. If it is possible I would experiment try mounting to a new location.

1 Like

Im having the same problem. No motion involved. Just lights coming on then turning off at prechosen intervals. Setting on lowest human dectection. No motion being detected

I’m having the same issue. I see the light opens at night without any motion. The only way I see this possible is if somebody accesses the live feed. I checked the connection history and it is empty. I don’t even see my own connections.
It feels like maybe somebody is using our camera without our consent…

The light goes on WITHOUT any motion detection. When something messes with the sensor, at least you get a detection AND recording.
So it is not an issue of camera location or false alarm.

Did anyone sort this issue out?
I am experiencing the same problem. Both have worked perfectly for years and now the light is going on all night and seems to be a pattern. Not sensing any camera motion. P.s not near any heat source and is set to people only.
Help!

Fyi - I found out that the issue was linked to google home. Remove it from Google Home and unlinked it. Now all is ok.

Mine does it when there’s spiders webs blowing in the wind.

Mine does it every night à 2:32 AM exactly. It is not related to Google home. I’ve ask the Eufy support team to send me my camera logs. I check them and it seems that they connect to my camera every night for god knows what reason… And when the camera restarts… it opens the light.

That’s odd. My L20 detects motion at exactly 00:15 every night.

I have the EufyCam 3C camera pack with HomeBase 3 installed for three weeks now.

About a week after I installed them, at around 4am, I saw at least two of the camera floodlights blinked on and off quickly a few times. Then this morning about a week later from the first time, it happened again around 4am, but this time I only caught one of the cameras doing it and this camera has been toggled Off in the Eufy app since the last time this occurred. Strange thing is, this time even with the camera toggled Off, the floodlight stayed On for about 10 seconds or so on the last flash.

There is nothing in the log at all, and I checked the Eufy app System Messages and nothing was logged there either during each event. So, they need to add access to some sort of debug log!

And, the Security Mode I had them in is setup for only one of the cameras to do anything if motion is detected, and all of the other cameras have nothing selected in the Security Mode. None of the cameras are in line if sight of each other either.

I have both Works With Google Assistant and Works With Alexa enabled, but neither of those services have access to the camera floodlights that I can see so there shouldn’t be any external services causing it.

Why are the cameras floodlights blinking On and Off for no reason at all? This should be investigated by Eufy since so many of us are experiencing this.

I’m guessing that there must be situations built into the firmware that can cause the floodlight to do this. Like maybe the cameras firmware is setup to blink the floodlight if the camera loses the connection to the HomeBase, or upon reconnection to the HomeBase or something. Because with so much saturation these days in the 2.4mhz band which I’d think Eufy is using between the HomeBase and the cameras, that could happen perhaps. Anyway, I would hope that there is something built into the firmware that caused this reaction to blink the floodlights, and not some ‘hacker’ or scrupulous Eufy employee causing it especially since the camera was toggled Off during the latest event.

Eufy should at least provide the customer settings in the app to control any situation whatsoever that could possibly turn on the camera’s floodlight for whatever reason, and access to a debug log!