Eufycam 2 Pro - charging issue

Hi, have any of you had a problem charging this camera? After 2 months of operation, its capacity dropped sharply from 90% to 50%. I charged it from the base, but here the battery indicator started to show that it was draining and ended up at 19%. I tried removing it from the system and adding it again, but no change. Is there a way to restart the camera? Thanks

Drains as it’s being charged? Weird. Your charging from the homebase… that’s good. Does the front LED light up when you plug it in?

Not sure exactly how to reset it. I think you hold the sync button on the camera down for 10-15 seconds or so until it beeps. I think this wipes your recorded events also?

Yes, the LED light up during charging. The camera works fine, only the charging is creazy. It seems to me a firmware issue. Today I tried to charge it again, now from 11% and after couple of hours it’s show 20%. No more progress. I think that battery are fully charged, that’s why there is no more progress, only the visualizations is wrong. Instead of 100% it shows 20%. But who knows, it could be something else.

Eufy screwed up the charging indicator in the app several months ago with one of their updates. I find that you never get a correct state of charge anymore unless you completely shut down the app and restart it. I use Android, so IOS may be different.

Do you mean to uninstall the app and install it back? I just tried it, but the app shows the same percentage of battery capacity. Can you please describe what you did to make it work?

You don’t have to re-install the app. Just go to the page on your phone that shows all active apps and hit the Clear All button. This kills the Eufy app and you can re-start it by hitting the icon again. This procedure gives me accurate battery state of charge.

I am using Android and this works for all Android versions. Not sure what process you would use on an iPhone.

Hi,
Well since you had reinstalled the app and the battery percentage in the camera did not change I would say something with the camera itself is not right.

LED indicator light: solid blue while charging, off when charging is complete.

I thought of a few things you may wish to try.
In the settings within the app for that camera turn the camera off while charging.
Use a standard cell phone charger to charge the camera.

If still no change then restart the camera. In the app the settings for the camera see if you have the option to Restart Device?

If that doesn’t help with the battery percentage then perform a reset as your last resort.
You will lose any recorded video and will have to add the device back.
Remove the device: from the app settings for that camera locate the button to remove the Device.
Hold the cameras sync button down until you hear it beep. Then follow the prompts to add the device back. If it’s still not showing the battery percentage increasing…
This is another step to perform.
Tap the sync button rapidly 5 to 7 times.
Good luck.