Eufy Security Statement to Our Community

What you are stating is that are liars and you know you have been falsely advertising your product as having local storage only and that ‘your way’ of correcting this is to update you marketing to meet your new lax security standards.
Security researchers have demonstrated that our information (video and timestamp) is accessible to anyone with the right root URL and we have no evidence our data is secure or that we are not being monitored.
You have just burned ALL your creditably we me and I will be returning your cameras.

What do you exactly mean by this?

I have contacted Eufy and with a lot of pushing they agreed to refund.

How did you manage that? They haven’t responded. I’m going to reverse charge for the 3rd gen homebase they also violated commerce acts by not fulfilling in 30d while not providing an update.
That code is for the symbol Anker Stock trades on foreign exchanges.

Well they did respond eventually. Took a few days.

At first they send an email with the same empty statements as they did here.

Then i told them i did not care for the empty statements and that i find it strange that they didnt address the real issue here. That i would still like a full refund. If they refused, i sadly felt forced to contact the market watchdog in my country and report the false claims i bought the camera under.

The next email from them was with links to their rensponse and their own “investigation” and results of that and that they where going to add messages in the app with warnings about the upload. But nothing about the refund.

My reply to that was that with that message they send me, they actually admitted the problem exsisted (otherwise you do not need to add the warning). And with that i have prove i bought the camera under false privacy and security claims. Therefore would like to get the refund. Finishing with that if the next email they send me did not have information about the refund, i would consider it as a refusal and that my next email would be to the market watchdog and a lawyer for a lawsuit.

The email i got from them after that was a request for information to start the refund process.

1 Like

You sir or madam, are a rockstar!

China

Should still contact a lawyer anyway. As for me, I’m screenshotting this as I’m not convinced it will stay up on Eufy’s forums for long- thank you!

1 Like

The SPECIFIC reason I bought this camera was because of the promise of “local only” storage with no worry about perverted hackers selling images of my children on the dark web…

I am definitely on board for a class action law suit.

There is a reddit thread about this

I don’t care about thumbnails on AWS… just uncripple your app, bring back motion highlighting in playback, and bring back the download button in playback. Just restore to how it works last year!!!