Eufy Security app not sending notifications

I just installed the Eufy Video Doorbell 2K. The doorbell works fine, it’s the app that isn’t working correctly. I use a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. It is running Android Version 13. I have tried to follow all of Eufy’s steps to get the app to send notifications. The problem is, my settings don’t match what Eufy is showing, perhaps because the directions are for Android Version 11 and earlier. I have allowed permissions for notifications for the app. I have allowed notifications for the app. I have turned off putting apps to sleep. I have added Eufy to the never put to sleep. I have turned off power saving. Auto optimization is off, as far as I can tell.

The Eufy Security app has never shown up under Settings->Notifications. Not even after the initial install. Also, when i go to Settings->Apps->Eufy Security->Notifications->Notification Categories, no categories are listed. All that is visible under categories is greyed out “This app hasn’t sent you any notifications.”

I have verified in the app the notifications are enable for video recording and notification.

Samsung says that the app may not be compatible.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem. The doorbell doesn’t do me much good if the app won’t send notifications.

It sounds like you have everything possible set correctly.
Have you restarted your phone since then, could be a glitch that your settings haven’t taken?

I have restarted the phone several times. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I still do not get any notifications when there is motion or when someone rings the doorbell

I’m thinking that the app isn’t compatible with Android Version 13.

I see you set the Notifications in the Apps Security setting area where it has Home and Away modes.
What about the Doorbells own Settings, where it lists Motion Detection - Audio Settings - Notification & a few other settings. You did the notification part in that section right?
Going into General and tap on About Device to see if the firmware is up to date for the Bell.
Android 13 came out in August 2022 I can’t see it not being compatible yet…, though their App developers are slow at correcting bugs for the app to work correctly.

It’s working now! There was a firmware update for the doorbell. Once I updated, the notifications started working.

Thank you

Cool! :+1:

It is possible that another app on your phone is blocking notifications from the Eufy Security app. You can check this by going to Settings > Apps > Eufy Security > Notifications > Notification Access. Make sure that no other app is blocking notifications.

Simply clear the cache and data for the Eufy Security app it will reset the app to its default settings. This may fix any problems that you are having with the app. To clear the cache and data for the Eufy Security app, go to Settings > Apps > Eufy Security > Storage and then tap on the “Clear cache” and “Clear data” buttons. Sometimes, a simple process can fix problems with apps.

Check for App Updates: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Eufy Security app installed on your device. App updates often contain bug fixes and improvements that can address notification-related issues.

Eufy Security is constantly releasing new updates that may fix bugs and improve performance. To check for updates, go to the Google Play Store and search for “Eufy Security.” If there is an update available, install it.