Eufy Outdoor CAM Pro used to identify shooter

A few weeks ago, my Eufy Outdoor Pro camera caught a situation that was unthinkable a year ago. I live in a city that has an out-of-control homeless population and in turn, crime has been on the rise. A homeless camp of 45-55 people living out of tents and makeshift houses was infiltrated by gang members who used the camp to sell drugs and prostitute women from the camp.

A fight ensued and one of the gang members that lived in the camp pulled out a semi-automatic handgun and fired 9 rounds just feet from my house. This is in a residential neighborhood! Luckily no one was killed.

The situation was caught on my Eufy Camera. The police looked at the video but they were not interested. This made me upset so I sent the video to the local news and they ran the story as the headline for the 11’Oclock news! Suddenly the police were interested so they took a copy and detectives were able to identify the suspect.

I cannot upload videos here but I will attach screenshots. In full 2K resolution, the camera showed the event crystal clear. The screenshots here are low resolution compared to the real video.

This is a situation in which having a high quality camera turned out to be very helpful and useful. I’ve had many cameras over the years but this summer I upgraded my security with Eufy locks, doorbells, package containers and cameras. All I can say is that I have had a fantastic experience with the Eufy brand. The integration and ties to automation using face detection is unparalleled. I have not had any issues or hardware that has gone bad. In fact, as a General Contractor, I now use Eufy branded security products for all my home builds. The price point is great and Eufy is always in development with new features. The new 3 series cameras look to be very promising.

I look forward to seeing what Eufy has in development because to me, they will be the market leaders that will rise to the top. Great hardware, great support and very easy to manage in one app.

Hello, I have read your story with interest.
As you are also using the Cam 2 Pro system I would like to ask you the following offside your story.
I am a brand new user and have the following issue : installed 3 cams last week, all working fine. Very happy.
I do get push notifications when my Eufy Security App is online.
Though, when I turn my app offline ( at night or when in a meeting, etc…) I do not get any push notifications.
Question : does it mean I have to be online on my app 24/7/365 to receive notifications when motions are detected ?

I am asking you for this simple question but I did not get any reply on this issue from other Pro Cam users.

Thank you very much / K from Europe

Hello!

How are you turning the Eufy app offline?

Hello again,

The eufy Security app runs in the background and will notify you of motion detection events 24/7. If you miss the event notification because you were asleep or in the shower, etc, the notification will stick to your Lock Screen so you will see it the next time you grab your phone.

Most of this is based on how you manage your phone notifications, not eufy Security app. The app hands off notifications to your mobile device to display. You can disable notifications in the eufy App, however that is not recommended.

David