Eufy HomeBase 2 USB Dongle for Wireless Chime?

So I had seen that back in May Eufy had an FCC Filing for the HomeBase 2 USB Dongle that would essentially allow you to plug the dongle into the back of your HomeBase 2 that is paired to your Eufy Battery Doorbell, and then use the current Eufy Chime with the Battery Doorbell.

The picture above is within the Eufy App under the Battery Doorbell section that asks about what device you would like to use as your associated chime.

Just wondering when Eufy May make this option available? I believe the Eufy support team had told me this would be available “soon” months ago.

Please let me know.

2 Likes

Sure, that could also be a a use case, scattering multiple chimes around your home (including the wireless HomeBase 2). I was actually referring to the optional Wall Plug Chime Eufy offers now that is a dedicated Chime for the Wired Doorbell. I don’t think this dongle is rechargeable either based on the FCC Filings. It appears this Dongle enables the option for Battery Doorbell users who want just a wireless chime that just plugs into a wall outlet, and not the larger wireless HomeBase 2 hub acting as a Chime that is less convenient for placement and a much larger footprint. I do understand that “coming soon” could mean months, years, days or never, thanks for the clarification. Eufy has been pretty good at delivering on most promises in my opinion however, at least compared to other companies that offer similar products. Thanks.

Understood. However, I’ll still take Eufy over the promises that other companies have made. Still waiting on Ring’s Promise for Apple HomeKit compatibility. Been “coming soon” since…2016 I believe. Anker/Eufy makes fantastic products. Fingers crossed for this too.

I had two homebase2s at one point until I returned it. But was like oh I can use the second as a chime. NO. Doesn’t work. Eufy “features coming comment”.

1 Like

it’s already October 2020 here, i couldn’t find this decive anywhere on the internet…

any help guys?

1 Like

Well, it’s now August 2022. I inquired about the USB dongle & received the following back from Eufy: “Yes, you need a USB dongle to get the wifi chime to work. Unfortunately, I regret to let you know that the USB dongle is currently out of stock. If everything goes on well, it might be in stock within 5 to 6 months due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19). Could you please wait for several months?”

You’ll find them on eBay