Eufy doorbell vidoeing in black and white

Hi All,

My Eufy Doorbell (less than 6 months old) has started videoing images in black and white during the day. It’s like it is in night vision mode all day. It’s worked fine previously, switching to night vision when it is night time.

I have tried toggling the the ‘auto night vision’ setting on and off and it’s not helped. I am very concerned about this, as I want colour images during the day - it’s pointless not being able to identify the colour of vehicle landing on your drive. I have not messed with settings so I can’t fathom what has happened.

All help and tips gratefully received. Otherwise this is a dud product.

TIA.

Sounds like the IR cut filter isn’t working correctly. I have seen this with several Eufy cams. The fix was taking the camera down and giving it a soft tap with a rubber mallet to free up the filter. You may be able to just tap the doorbell on the top or bottom without removing it. The filter is actuated by a solenoid and that is what gets hung up. If a tap doesn’t restore operation, then I would contact support and ask for a new unit.

Thank you for your feedback. Have tried what you said and no joy. Quite worried about a product that needs tapping to work properly. Very disappointed in this product and will seek refund or replacement.

Sorry just one more question - how do I get in touch with Contact Support. I seem to be going around in a loop.