Eufy doorbell rings itself

Just wanted to add to the list of people this is happening to. Installed video doorbell yesterday (battery model but hard-wired with 24VAC) and 6am the doorbell activated. It even recorded a 7s event which showed no one.

Wonder if this is happening to hard-wired and battery installations or just hard-wired.

Nothing else particular that I noticed that would cause it.

Same problem for us, T8210 running off batteries - so not unique to hard wired setups it seems.

Ours once went off when overseas (bit disturbing) and recorded no event but i got a Door Bell is Ringing push notification, then again this evening it rang and this time there was a video recording but as usual no one there.

Its a shame, Ive loved the doorbell and dont want to splinter to another brand and app when we also have Eufy cameras.

Same happened here; wired doorbell with no homebase unit. Doorbell rang for the first time (we are aware of) early this morning (~2 AM), no notification in the app and no one present at the door.

It would be nice if Eufy can provide some explanation in the absence of a fix.

EDIT (2/23/23): Since posting this message it has occurred three more times… all between 2-4 AM.
Also I am not recommending this product to anyone until this issue is proven to be resolved.

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not the only one (not that I’m thrilled this is happening to any of us)!
Had me at the door with my softball bat at 0130 this morning. 0/10 stars, would not recommend.
@eufy_official? @eufy_Operation? @bueller???

1 Like

Got the dual camera door bell.
Running on built in batteries.
Similar issue here just had 11 phantom ring events.
All in under an hour.
Middle of a 35 deg c day.
Its been working fine since installed maybe 7 days now.

I rang it manually. Worked fine.
Then restarted the base.

Seems fine now, i.e. no phatom rings in last 30 minutes.

Sorry to sort of necro this thread but this actually happens with/to almost all electronic doorbells and there are different reasons that it can happen, which makes it even more frustrating. I worked with a company that sells smart doorbells and we’d get tons of customers complaining about them ringing for no reason, sometimes over and over then they’d just stop and work fine for days, rinse and repeat.

The #1 reason is a large spike in voltage/current through your home for WIRED DBCs. This doesn’t affect those old push-button doorbells but is hell for smart and electronic DBCs. If you have a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) and it can be connected to a PC, they can sometimes report to you when you get these power spikes and you’ll notice that this is generally when you’ll get your phantom doorbell rings.

The #2 reason is a small spike in voltage/current through your wired DBC which can occur when night vision is switched on and off. So if you have issues at night, this is more than likely the issue. Get an electrician to check your chime’s transformer/voltage, etc. If it’s not expensive, I’d just replace it. Lots of them are super old and just able to run your DBC.

The #3 reason is that debris or moisture’s gotten in somehow and gunked the button a bit. This really should not happen with new DBCs but hey, quality control; also wind and ice can be a real problem messing with rubber seals, etc. Nothing’s perfect. I’m not sure how to really fix this other than get it replaced or if you can, open it up and clean it if possible.

The #4 and final reason and this really applies to battery-only DBCs, is wireless interference but these rarely ever ring on their own.

Personally, I opted for a wired PTZ AI camera vs. DBC. I love me some Eufy, but in this case, I went with a Wyze Pan Cam V3 (upgraded from a Eufy 2k Indoor) because it allows me to program Alexa/Echo to announce when there’s a person detected at my front porch. Lord knows that Amazon, Fedex, UPS, and USPS don’t touch my doorbell anyway! They just put the package down and leave. The camera is also able to track and alert me by notification if there’s a package on the floor as well, in case I miss the announcement, etc.

2 Likes

Same situation here, my 2k wired doorbell is just over a year old, so the warranty just barely ran out. It had been working fine overall, but after a mild electrical storm last night, it starting ringing over and over, with no events. Same thing tonight.

I greatly appreciate the recommendation from the previous customer, and they are probably correct about a power surge messing up the doorbell circuits.

Eufy Support is non-existent here… it’s time to move on to another product.

Spot on explanation, I noticed this with my Hikvision doorbell that started to ring on its own and did a search and found those are exactly the reasons for this phenomenon. I was scared at first because I thought someone has hacked into my doorbell.

Just happened to me at 5:50am.
Battery powered, recorded 7 secs of porch bathed in sunrise light.
The third phantom ring in a year.

Happened to me a few minutes ago. I finally decided to see if anybody else has this problem. Mechanical chime rings, nobody at the door. No rhyme or reason determined. Seems random. Happens at night, day, hot, cold, etc. Probably happened more than a couple of dozen times in the year and a half I have owned it.

Just kindly letting you know, you guys are not alone. Ours got a life of its own now too. We had the door bell system for two months without mystery, however last two days it rang 3 times on its own…

We have the new dual camera doorbell for a few weeks and only today it started with these ghost rings. It happened once a few hours ago and then the frequency started increasing to the point where I had to unplug the homebase because it won’t even snooze the door bell via software. I went out and rang the bell myself a few times and now it had eased the situation a bit. Anyway, super annoying and the issue seems to be around for a while (looking at this thread). Only glad about 2 things: I’m not alone and the eufy gear is still inside the return window. I used google door bell for 4 years and never once has any such issue. We changed the house and I went with whole eufy solution including cameras and everything. I’m afraid they’ll be going back. I’ll be happy with less features of google doorbell as long it is stable.

First our doorbel was desyncing I solved that by tightening the screw. But since it got somewhat colder here at about 4 to zero degrees Celsius (and it’s already raining for 3 months) it started doing ghost rings every 2 days or so. 7 seconds of nothing in front of the door. We even blocked up routes that kids could take so they are not able to crouch and run now.

I don’t know yet if Ive solved anything but I dimmed my front door light enough for the camera to go into black and white mode instead of color. Maybe the voltage was spiking a bit as it tried to change from color to b&w back to color?

so we’re now into January of 2024. I little under 2 years with this issue and no response from @eufy_official ???

not even advice of things to check? You guys need to do better. I have fully invested in Eufy technology and absolutely do not want to replace it…BUT customer service is very important to me and even if you don’t have a solution, acknowledging your customers concerns is always a good thing to do.

BTW: I also have fantom rings. multiple times a week…I just today, took my doorbell down until this is resolved somehow.

1 Like

Products without any custermer service are no good! New customer should be warned.

1 Like

Same issue here - chime and doorbell fitted 2 weeks ago and have now heard the chime ring twice for no reason. Doorbell is on battery, not wired.

My wireless has been doing the occasional random ring for months. Recently it’s been happening at least once per day, sometimes twice. It even rings while sitting inside charging. For the last two days it’s happened at approximately the same time; yesterday at 10:08 am, this morning, 9:52 am.

Same issue false ringing started 2 days ago.

T2810 + Homebase2

I hope eufy adress this

Same issue here as well. I have noticed the E340 Doorbell had an update 3 days ago and that is when the problem started for me. Continuous false rings, Alexa announcing motion detected at front door. Security lights coming on due to motion detected even though no one is outside. I have had the doorbell in place for 2 months with no issues at all until three days ago so I assume the update they released has broke something?