Eufy doorbell battery not charging on ac Transformer

Yeh very slowly. It only takes a few motion to drop a few %…

Not sure if feature or bug. Neither is the admin apparently.

Support offered a replacement but I’ve told them hold off for now.

Zero troubleshooting.

It’s faulty internals. I had this issue and returned the faulty one already and bought a new bundle deal for the 2 pro camera with a doorbell.

I tested the new one and no problems. I went as far as even opening to see the internals and looking for faulty wiring, soldering. Tested the new one no issue. But not surprised to be honest just bad QA/QC.

But for now I haven’t wired it up. Just running on the battery.

1 Like

Okay thanks.

So you had quicker battery discharge and now the new one is much better?

I’ve asked for the replacement.

1 Like

I feel the battery discharge is adequate to the amount of activity in 15 days. It was triggered over 3,500 times. I just recharge it up when it gets down low. There’s a point of charge you wanna sustain because when you charge batteries the current heats the Leeds inside etc. just like a car battery. Hope that answers your question.

I found with the second one I have now properly charged via bell wire from my transformer. The first one did not. But I am presently just using the battery for now.

1 Like

I just got a notification from AmaZon that my package is 10 stops away! :slight_smile:

In it there’s an add on wireless doorbell, I’m going to set this one up to run with a chopped up USB cable to the chime wires and see if it works. I’m supposing the unholy battery percentage drops mentioned are because the camera is always on in that mode, so without the top up help the levels plummet?

I don’t have any doorbell wires, the house doesn’t have any for whatever reason, hoping I can fake the doorbell out.

What I find odd is that yours shows a battery icon. I see a plug icon and no battery percentage.
Amperage is also important in wiring.
If this still shows up today (battery icon) either the Bell is broken or your wiring is not in order.

My experience with the wireless doorbells today has shown me that the Screw terminals on the back of the doorbell only work properly when there’s a solid connection with them and the spades, as Jimi suggested. I was just testing so I didn’t want a permanent rig, I cut the micro usb connection end off a charging cable and just used the power wires to connect (red and black in my case, it doesn’t matter which wire goes to which terminal), taping off the data ones.

I was Trying to be lazy and testing using a Solar power bank to charge, when I pressed the wires against the screws I could see that the power bank knew there was a connection (It lit up) but it would not charge. The battery status bar would alternate between the green plug (suggesting hard wired) and the charging icon (battery) and I was getting nowhere fast. Whenever I moved it around or set it off it had a 50/50 chance of not showing any power connection in the app.

When I stopped being lazy I connected it properly using the spades that came in the box and it has worked fine since. It was new this morning and had about 60% charge. I unplugged the USB power cord I made and connected it with the micro USB, I’m going to charge it to about 80% on a USB before I plug the terminal connection back in to see whether it just maintains that charge level or does up or down.

My current thought is that the USB (and how I set it up in the app) modded power cord makes the doorbell think it’s hard wired, and it shows me that in the app since I have the USB connected to the terminals.

My battery doorbell has been wired to a transformer for around a month now just using the bare wires on the terminals from the transformer, and it’s working fine, admittedly the bare wire end have been tinned with solder!

I’m using the 1.7 android app. If you’re using the latest iOS or android app, if you switch power mode it will show you the percentage.

I received the replacement last week. I connected the Transformer and managed to get a really good contact now it never drops below 80% and when it does, it charges back upto 90 by the next morning.

You can’t connect USB / solar to the terminal on the back. That requires AC power. You could of course connect them to the USB socket but you would need to modify/work around the access issue to the socket.

1 Like

Which screen do you mean? This one?
Like I said, I only ever see the power plug icon

Yes this screen. Maybe the switching the mode doesn’t show percentage on Android. Works on iOS.

You can of course downgrade the android app. Don’t be too worried about the battery percentage.

Yeah i had a bad one i first got from Amazon. Bad terminal connections. Literally tore the entire thing apart tested all points with a multimeter to ensure i had power going through both bell wire and some spare conduit I had laying around. Both worked fine.

They do sell a Ac plug for video doorbells if you wanna bypass the transformer work and just use a simple plug and play system. Which is a option but those run $10-15 bucks. So it just depends on what you wanna do. For me I just been charging it but honestly all these issues with There security line is just making me hope i just get a refund.

That’s what it’s like on iOS.

It could be that I’m the one that’s getting fooled when I thought it was the other way round, I was happy to think I’d tricked it :blush:

This is my rig right now before I go hang it up, the usb cord is cut and then spliced for the spade terminals. This isn’t the splice for outside, this is a short cord so I can mess with it while I’m watching tv.

I don’t see the plug icon anymore, just that it looks like it is charging. From what you said, maybe it could be related to the charge level, it’s at 96% now. Either way I’m less convinced it will function this way, I have an option to do the same thing but use the micro socket. When I first put it on charge that way out of the box it showed the plug the whole time. I switched to a standard micro usb in the back for speed while I went and did something else since I want to hang it today.

If I see the plug icon again I’ll screenshot it, I don’t have a transformer so it’s only been from USB charging that it went from the initial level to almost full. I wasn’t giving it my full attention (lots of honey do’s today…) so it could be that I’m not remembering it right, wishful thinking.

When you have yours hooked up to the terminals does the stairs ring glow orange, charging? Mine does right now, I’m leaving it as is to see what happens.

Mine is plugged into a ac adapter. I drilled hole through the doorframe and attached it.

The doorbell doesn’t indicate its charging but I have plug icon in the app.

I wouldn’t recommend what you’re doing. Sending DC instead of AC might be bad for the components.

I’m reluctant to give up but I will defer to your advice, I don’t want to hurt it.

Looks like plan b then, or maybe c. :scream:

If you don’t see a little plug symbol when it drops below like they mention. Then it’s a faulty unit. I tore the first one i had part and it’s just metal contacts under the screws to the electronics board.