EUFY cameras can be used anywhere outside USA if bought from USA

Does eufyCam 2C Pro (4-Cam Kit) will work outside USA if it is bought from USA? WIll cameras work with EUFY app outside USA? For example, will it work in Ireland if I have bought the eufyCam 2C Pro (4-Cam Kit) from USA

Can’t see why not. You would obviously need a step down transformer (220v -110v) for the homebase though.

Wifi channels are different in EU than US. That could mean you couldn’t use the Wifi connection between Homebase and router. Could also mean that your camera to Homebase coms will interfere with other EU spec devices. Might try contacting support.

1 Like

Great to know. Never new that and very good to learn. :+1:

Most Wifi channels are the same and follow the same specs for most of the world, but the US only uses 1-11 of the 14 channels and the EU uses 1-13. My Homebase assigned itself to the top of the US band at channel 11 automatically to avoid interference. Not sure of the mechanism for channel assignment that Eufy uses. It may be dynamic, based on local traffic or it may be fixed at channel 11 for all US gear.

If you use a US Homebase in the EU it just might be sub-optimized by trying to operate on channel 11 when the top of the band is 13. All depends on how they select the channel for their hidden network. Channel 11 in the EU doesn’t have the advantage of being at the end of the frequency allocations that it does in the US. This means it can be interfered with by channel 12 and channel 10. In the US, being top of the band, potential interference would only come from channel 10.

There may be other factors involved, so a note to support might be in order to clarify whether there are other issues with using US gear in Ireland.

1 Like

I have the the homebase 2, alarm kit and 2x 2c 2k cameras. The homebase is rated for 110 and 240 so just got a new power supply. Have no issues with it.
Wi-Fi is an international standard so will work fine in any country, although some countries only allow certain channels. The channels used are decided by the location to set your device too so there is no difference to where you buy the device from apart from mains power.