Eufy cam2c not working. Events not being recorded for human movement

I am away from home. I had a family member go to home. The Eufy cam did not record the event their presence at my home. Why is this happening?

1 Like

you don’t give any information. do you have the camera set for “human only” , and did the people show up after dark?

Apologies I did not provide enough information. I installed eufyCam2 cameras. At first it was working fine, detecting human motion as required. After a couple of days the notification messages for human detection stopped. I got a friend to walk in front of the camera as a test to see if it was picking up human movement. It didn’t. Notifications not longer working. The cameras are connected correctly through wifi, were tested when set up and positioned. I don’t understand why it works for one day and stops working the next. I also pay a subscription for videos to be sent to the cloud but can’t find where the cloud is to access any videos. Can you offer some help or suggestions please? Regards LP

I’m also facing the same issue. Exactly same. Is it a deficiency of the equipment. Could I get the response.

Same here! Cameras worked fine for about 2 months then all my cameras (I have 4) stopped recording. They all trigger notifications just fine but no recording events.

Was there a firmware update to the devices? This usually causes some weird issues with detection and you should try things like turn motion detection on/off, camera on/off, reboot HB2. It usually resolves these problems after an update. If it still doesnt work the cameras can be reset by pressing the sync button unti it beeps but this may require removing/adding the camera back near the HB.

At least this is my experience so far. I received updates about a month ago so same might have happened to you too. And I had to do those off/on things to get them working again

1 Like

I checked, homebase received update at end of february, i had to do the voodoo stuff. Cameras got update early march and same voodoos. But at least i havent had to reset any cameras because of it this round

OMG, I thought it was just us having the same problem with 3 of the 5 cameras we have. We reset the home base yesterday, got a SD format card error, then they started going and stopped today. Firmware is up to date. I have turned the cameras that aren’t recording off and on again and seems to have fixed the problem for now…

Last night I got my car catalytic converter stolen in front of my house and the doorbell camera did not capture anything. I am so disappointed. I had to turn all motion on but now I get notifications non stop since my street is busy.

Any advice on how to make human motion work?