Eufy app on Samsung stops notifying regularly, I have to restart phone

This is driving my wife and me nuts. We both have Samsung phones. Our Eufy doorbell and camera both record happily but regularly (after a day or so) stop notifying us with an audible noise. Only a phone restart fixes it. I’ve tried everything… I have a Samsung S22+ and my wife a Samsung A32, I think, so Android apps. Any advice appreciated!

Check your phone’s Power Saving mode, if it’s ON make sure the eufy App isn’t being placed in power save because that will stop the app after a while from working in the background.
Here’s a web link to it:

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/what-is-power-saving-mode-on-my-galaxy-phone/#:~:text=1%20Open%20device%20settings%20menu,activate%20the%20Power%20saving%20mode.

Hi

Power Saving is off and has been since we started having this issue.

Thanks
Ian

is the eufy app being “optimized” or “unrestricted”. to check go into your phone settings, scroll down to “apps” find eufy security and open it, scroll down to “battery”. open it, you should have 3 options, make sure it is set to unrestricted. fyi, you will need to reset this setting after every system update.

Yes, @dpoppo suggested check that out also.

I reread your post again… just to clarify you receive a notification with an audible tone then a day later you receive notifications but without an audible tone?

We are getting notifications, but they stop being audible. Not every day, but most days, I need to restart the phone.
However the battery setting of Eufy Security is indeed Unrestricted.
I have noticed that ‘Remove permissions if app is unused’ was set. I have turned this off.

Have you checked the Security, make sure the notifications are enabled if you switch between modes.

This part digs down a bit deeper into the notification sounds, though it is possible it may override the original eufy sound/tones with the phones own sounds/tones… I don’t want to mess things up for you.

There may also be a glitch with the App itself?

I haven’t revisited this topic since March 3rd. I have learned one thing thanks to your contributions - I did not know there was a separate ‘Home’ and ‘Away’ setting. However both are set the same.
On my phone, the app looks different to the screen shots above.
The issue persists. Sometimes the notification sound is retained overnight, mostly it is not. Today, I had to restart my phone again.

As to whether it is an App thing, it’s possible. Both my wife and I have Samsung (therefore Android) models, though ours are different models to each other. But it would then be down to Eufy to fix whatever app issue there is?

I noticed the similar behavior on a REVVL V+ 5G phone the other day. I was getting notifications, but couldn’t hear a sound. After messing around with every setting I could find, I finally found the culprit.

It was my bluetooth setting. I have bluetooth on so my Tesla will detect the phone and lock and unlock the car when I approach. I toggled bluetooth off then back on and now my Eufy notifications have sound on my phone. Am guessing that the Eufy audio notifications got sent to the car for some reason instead of the phone speaker.

The problem hasn’t re-occured in a week, so it may have been some glitch on my phone. I am on Android 11 with this phone, so YMMV.

I have exactly the same problems since purchasing my Eufy S300 4k cameras and S380 homebase3.My phone is a Samsung A33 5G…I have a case ongoing with Eufy and their guy Shane is very helpful but the problem has not been fixed, I am also a Beta tester for Eufy which does give me early app firmware updates to test before they are let loose on a wider platform.Also the app does not give any warnings at all when away from the WIFI signals ,even though its all setup to use mobile network without any restrictions.
All in all its a brilliant technical quality system but it let down by its app, lack of stability.Update i have informed Shane of Eufy i have located the cause of the notifications failing after 24 detections ,the detections get recorded but no more notications after a total 24 . UNTIL YOU EITHER RE-INSTAL THE APP OR RESTART YOUR PHONE .Quite a poor funtioning app and needs ro be rectified promptly.I understand this was reported as long ago as 18 months .i am not purchasing any more from eufy at the moment .

1 Like

I have the same issue with cameras & homebase 2.
If anyone can offer suggestions then please do.
david.thomas77@xtra.co.nz

I can confirm this from bri9036. I just tested my system after a phone restart and I got 24 notifications with sound and vibration. After that, nothing. Refreshing the events page showed the videos that were captured after the first 24, but no notifications were received either as pop-ups, or the notification tone or vibration after the first 24 after phone restart.

OK the easy cancel of the limit of 24 is to pull down with your finger from the top of your Samsung screen and you will see at the bottom .Notification settings on the left and on the Right bottom Clear.Tap the clear and the Eufy app icon will zero.You can do it any time but when 24 is reched then you will get not more notifications until you reset as above
I hope this helps.Brian

1 Like