Can't factory reset Homebase 2

Has anyone tried to repair a Homebase 2 or encountered a similar issue to mine with an idea for a fix?

I have a Homebase 2 which went offline with the light flashing red (approx 1 second interval). Tried everything to get it back online, eventually tried to factory reset and nothing. No response at all from the Homebase, just continued red flashing light. Also, a very slight whine from the power supply in time with the flashing.

So I contact support to see if they can suggest anything and (surprise surprise) they tell me it’s now a brick. Only had the thing 18 months! The best they could offer was a laughable 15% off my next purchase. And you can’t even buy a standalone Homebase. So I’m stuck with a useless wireless doorbell and camera, and zero desire to give them any more of my money

So has anyone done a tear down of a Homebase or point me in the direction of something online?

Hi @stu121 were you able to fix the issue? I bought a brand new replacement unit, as tech support told me the same as you, but the new one is doing the same thing.

Afraid not. Eufy support were slightly less than useless. I ended up buying one from eBay that a private seller had surplus to requirements. Definitely won’t be giving eufy or Anker any more of my money

Hi Stu,

Thanks for responding.

Eufy technical support told my missus to buy a new unit, they hung up on me three times, finally got someone who helped me. All good now, but I wasted a lot of hours on chat and on hold trying to fix the issue.

The fix, plugged the HomeBase 2 Ethernet cable direct into the router, versus a 8 port splitter at the initial internet connection (which worked fine in the past) and everything came to life. No idea why a power cut would cause it to break.

Thanks again.