Battery doorbell powered, how quick does yours charge?

You will be fine. It will charge upto 90% max

So the transformer i bought makes a slight humming or buzzing noise. Apparently thats expected due to the transformer.

In a fit of madness i purchased the ring doorbell adaptor rated at 24VAC 20VA which gives about 0.8333 ma. On the phases im not sure if thats the same. I did so thinking the ring plug wont buzz or hum…plonka.

Anyway, im going to test both for shits.

Using the 24v 500ma for ring doorbell etc from Amazon. Seems to be fine. So far.

Is anyone using an in-line resister, is it necessary?

This is getting very frustrating.
It run out of battery after 1 DAY even being plugged to a 24v/63va transformer…

anyone else has this problem?

Also the app shows only a plug icon and never new the percentage of the battery until it just turned off without any notification…

If you’re on iOS, switch power modes to see battery percentage. If you’re on android, download 1.7 version of the app. I replied to your other post.

We’re using 24v 500ma plug in (as recommended on the back of the bell). When it was below 30% we had the plug icon, we fully charged it (usb) and with the transformer connected we have the battery icon and % . So far it hasnt lost charge over two days but it has only had a handful of detections.

Quick update
Yesterday I fully charged it with usb as it died.
Today after 7 hours, being wired to the transformer and with optimal battery profile it has 66% battery!!!

I think something is wrong.
Probably I am going for a replacement

I’d charge the doorbell and reconnect without the AC transformer and see how long that last for while speaking to support. Definitely get a replacement but rule out your transfer playing a part in the discharge.

Mine seems to drop to 94% and then charged within minutes back to I assume full as I get the plug symbol.

This is from a Hager ST301 8v 4VA transformer so very small power input.
What’s it supposed to charge from and to anyone have an official answer? Surely topping up from 90% is worse than keeping it between 60 and 80%?

Can this be addressed in a firmware update so the battery doorbells stop pulling power at 80% for example?

See my install thread here