Battery doorbell mounting bracket antitheft?

So Anker support said on May 26, 2020 in relation to offering a anti-theft bracket:

We will consider the possibility of future development.

Do you have any update?

Hi, just a quick question, will you be making the cases to sell? I would definitely be interested in purchasing one :slight_smile:

Also concerned with how flimsy the mounting bracket is and the shape which might tempt an opportunistic rip off the wall. It would also be easy for them to design it with screw holes that are reinforced, ideally with a metal strip. Finally and the most obvious is that the included mounting screws have tiny heads providing very little grip on the plastic bracket. I used different screws with wider heads which I suppose will make it (only) slightly harder to rip off. I was very surprised at the ones provided.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this I just purchased 2🙂

I have just fitted my Eufy Doorbell, and quite appalled by the poor lock design for the unit in the case. A paperclip will pop the unit out of the bracket. Or a quick pull and it has gone.
So my next quest is to buy/design a case to give it more protection.

I have fitted it to a pvc door frame, which has metal internal reinforcement. This is a really secure fitting for the case ! I do not put any faith in the under engineered securing catch.

Sorry Eufy its a C- for design and construction of the securing latch. You have to come up with a properly engineered locking device.

Ok, so had some sheet aluminium, created a small cradle. Prevents grabbing sides. Definitely a temporary fix till I can come up with some else !

thats a tidy cradle. create some more of those and put on ebay I’m sure you’ll make some money

My version of an anti theft mount.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4930338

4 Likes

Thanks Stuart, I made the cradle from card then copied to aluminium. Bespoke is the word !

Hello Ian.

I’m interessted to get a metal crate (no angle) … can you describe what you have done? … or maybe where I can get a metal one :wink:

Hi garbel,

I’m looking for your anti theft mount. It is the exactly what I’m after to fit the doorbell on my door. The thingiverse link is no longer working. Are you able to share the files again? It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
aerodsk1

I made a cover of aluminum 2mm. just need anti theft screws

Hey rpp2,

I’m after one that has a slight angle otherwise the video is blurry at night due to IR bouncing off the door frame. Seen a lot of different wedges but none are anti theft like garbel’s design.

You can save the serial number and a photo of the QR code. Then remove the QR code sticker. This makes it difficult for the thief or “buyer” to pair the doorbell with a homebase.

Just an idea :slight_smile:

I finally gave up on Eufy offering an anti-theft cover for my wireless doorbell, and I found a nice 3D-printed anti-theft cover that includes a feature to disable easy access to the doorbell cover release pin: Eufy Battery Doorbell Case (Anti-Theft) by linuxq - Thingiverse

Attached is a photo of the cover I printed:

2 Likes

That looks great.
Can you confirm please if that is for the 1080P model?

I ask this as the pin hole in the Eufy holder for releasing the 1080P unit is to the right hand side whereas the 3D model seems to be the left hand side and centre line?

try this site: