Audio constantly on when screen sleeps after adding 2nd camera + updating firmware

This post concerns the SpaceView baby monitor (screen model is T8300-M).

Recently, we updated the firmware on our SpaceView baby monitor. Then we added a second camera (preparing for baby #2 later this month).

Description of problem

Since we added the second camera and updated firmware last week, we have a new issue:

The audio constantly comes through the monitor from Camera #1 (the original camera we had) even when the screen is asleep. We know this because we have a white noise machine in our toddler’s room. So, when the monitor is on, the screen will fall asleep (or we can toggle it off by tapping the power button), but the audio still comes through. Normally, the audio is off.

Super annoying because now we basically have second-hand white noise. We don’t want to turn it down because then we can’t hear if our toddler is making actual noise.

Anyone else have this problem? How do I shut the audio off concurrent with the video?

What settings should I mess with? Please help, thank you!

I don’t know of any settings that would keep the audio on while the monitor display is sleeping.
I would try removing that camera from the app, Delete Camera and then add it back, Add Camera to see if that solves the problem.

I have the same problem. Just updated the firmware to add a second camera and now the monitor still has sound coming out even when it is in “sleep” state. Very annoying, and the monitor even alerts that the firmware on the camera and monitor doesn’t match, even though they were updated from the same download…