2K Floodlight Camera stopped sensing motion & recording

My Eufy 2K Security Floodlight Camera suddenly stopped recording on 3 July 2022. It had worked fine every day since I purchased it on 1 May 2021.

I can connect with the camera and see what the camera sees. I can even press the record button and it will record to my phones photo gallery. It just won’t detect motion and record automatically to the internal SD card.

I tried the following. After each attempt I waved my arms in front of the camera.

1. Restarted Device, did not fix the issue.
  2. Cleared the storage, then restarted the device. Did not fix issue.
  3. Powered off and re-connected to my network, did not fix issue.
  4. Motion detection settings- ON, Motion Test Mode does detect motion but will not record in regular mode. Neither detection type works.
  5. The camera’s working mode is set to HOME.
  6. Contacted Eufy support. They said that I am basically out of luck since the unit is out of warranty. I’ve only had it 14 months!

What should I do?

Model: Eufy 2K Security Floodlight Camera
Serial Number: T8424N10211006A8
System version: 2.0.4.8, 2021-11-02 04:24:53
MAC address: 8C858094784D
Purchase date: 1 May 2021

1 Like

Hallo Tim,

Did you get it fixed finally?
I am also facing same problem from today morning with floodlight and floodlight 2k.
Amazingly both of them got this problem at the same time. I assume it not a coincidence.

BR
Abi

I am also having the same problem this morning.

I went through all the testing the OP did and it will not detect motion.

Usually the led is solid white and flashes white when recording but now the led is flashing red by default. If I go into live view it changes to flashing white then goes back to flashing red when live view is stopped.

I can view previous recordings without issue

I don’t think it’s firmware related as my last firmware date was some time in April so I don’t know what caused this but I’m thinking it’s a eufy issue if multiple users are having the same problem. Do eufy support check these posts and reply or are we just discussing amongst ourselves and need to call support?

1 Like

Same problem with both my cameras. They are no longer continously recording and are no longer warning me of movement activity as of 4:00 am this morning. When I open the playback feature, there is no video. This must be a software problem on the company’s end and simply saying “you are out of the warranty period, so tough luck”, is unacceptable.

2 Likes

I just removed the camera completely from the app and went through the setup of adding it again, scanning the QR code, connecting it to wifi etc and it seems to be working now.

Not an ideal solution but this might get your camera working if you are having the same issue

EDIT: Note that when you remove a device from the app (not just a restart) you will lose any previous recordings so if possible, go into those recordings and download them first before removing the device

1 Like

same problem here, a c24 and c22 cam, going to wait it out a bit before i try re-install but thanks for the info as it might be only solution

I got two floodlight cams that have the same issue. Was working fine till last night. I believe it’s a software issue. They claim to be working on it. I’m still in the 30 day window for returns thru Amazon. I purchase 4 on prime day.

Thank you very much for the reply. I tried your suggestion and unfortunately did not get the same results. I’m afraid I’m going to have to call customer support and see if they can provide any assistance. It’s unfortunate as I truly enjoy the service, we’ll see what resolution they provide. Thanks again!

Same problem with both of my cameras. Stopped recording as of this morning.

Continuing the discussion from 2K Floodlight Camera stopped sensing motion & recording:

I have the same issue with my flood light cam was fine up till this morning. I have tried reinstalling but still only flashing ref. Works fine for live feed but will not detect Motion or record when this happens. Have eufy advised of the issue yet from there customer service side?

I am also having the same problem with both Floodlight Camera 2K. LED status is flashing red but live view works. Both cameras were working fine until last night, now it is not detecting or recording events.

Do Not unplug your camera.
My c24 is dead at the moment. Reset button has no response.

Eufy needs to provide a firmware

Installed mine yesterday, was working fine for a day, now I have the same problem.

Hello Eufy,

It appears to be common problem currently faced by huge number of Eufy customers.
I would greatly appreciate if Eufy can comment and update us here on the current situation.

Thanks

BR
Abi

2 Likes

same problem stopped to work today :smirk: any firmware pb
i just baught it last week
strange
my other concern is my blinking blue led all the time

Mine is working again.

Hello,

My both cameras are working again.
I restarted the cameras again today and it works.
Looks like they fix the glitch.

BR
Abi

Mine stopped recording yesterday. Did everything I’m supposed to do to reset. Still not recording. I’ve had mine 1 week. Very disappointed!

Mine stopped recording and detecting motion as well

1 Like

So did mine